Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Little Golden Age

There I was, rummaging through cast offs of the New York Times Book Review, clipping David Levine caricatures, and David Johnson illustrations of literary legends. New Yorkers, Saturday Reviews, Sunday supplements, comics, TV Guide, brochures, paperback books, art magazines, architectural magazines, history magazines, men's magazines, women's magazines, kid's magazines---nothing was safe from this dork. This was my golden age.

Fitzgerald and Flaubert by David Johnson

Thomas Mann by David Johnson

Dashiell Hammett by David Johnson

WH Auden by David Johnson

Maybe this was, maybe this wasn't the reference for the above drawing?

2 comments:

Clutch Needy said...

I found your blog through Mr. Door Tree's site. Many thanks to you for the great images. -Gerry

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Thanks! As I said, what a golden age for everyone now, using the internet to find images all over the spectrum. Mr. Door Tree is the best as far as I'm concerned, but I've got some cool posts coming up.